Wednesday 6 October 2010

Coming Soon to a Library Near You

The 20th annual Children's Books Festival kicked off on Friday 1st October with 70+ authors, illustrators, storytellers and performers due to visit libraries, schools and arts centers across Ireland throughout the month.

As part of the festival I'll be visiting libraries in Limerick and Clare. The dates and venues are:

Tuesday 12th October
9:30am Watch House Cross Library, Moyross
11:30am Roxboro Library
1:30pm City Library, The Granary

Three visits in the same day promises to make things a bit hectic but I'm looking forward to it already.

The following week I'll be in Clare:

Monday 18th October
11:00am deValera Library, Ennis
1:15pm Sean Lemass Library, Shannon

Tuesday 19th October
11:00am Sixmilebridge Library
1:30pm Newmarket on Fergus Library

The Ennis visit will be special for me as it's my home town and I remember when the custom-built library itself opened in the mid-70's. It incorporated an old church into the build and was a huge improvement on the old house that served as the library previously.

Hopefully the turnout will be good and if anyone is in the vicinity, drop in and say hi.

No comments: