Wednesday 28 September 2011

The Third Pig on Tour

October is Children's Book Month in Ireland and that can only mean one thing...Bookfest. Writers, storytellers, musicians, artists and all other manner of amazing folk will descend on libraries during the month to be all writerly, artistic and musical.

I got involved last year and had a blast. Seemingly I didn't embarrass myself too much either because they've asked me to come back and do some more visits this October.



So then, where shall I be?

I start off in Dublin for a day, courtesy of South Dublin County Libraries. Check out their programme here:

Monday 10th October

10am Castletymon Library
Tallaght

Mid-day Clondalkin Library
Monastery Road
Clondalkin

I'm then back in my home county of Clare again for two days. Their programme for the month is here.

Thursday 13th October:

11:00 am Kilrush Library
O'Gorman Street
Kilrush

1:00pm Kildysart Library
Kildysart

Friday 14th October

11:00am Tulla Library
The Market House
Tulla

1:00pm Scariff Library
Mountshannon Road
Scariff

I wrap up my tour in Kildare with a whopping six visits over two days:

Wednesday 19th October

9.30am Athy Library
Emily Square
Athy

11.15am Newbridge Library
Athgarvan Road
Newbridge


2pm Naas Town Library
Basin Street
Naas

Thursday 20th October

9.45am Maynooth Library
Main St,
Maynooth


11.15am Leixlip Library
Captain's Hill
Leixlip
Co. Kildare


1.15pm Celbridge Library
St. Patrick's Park
Celbridge

Do pop in and say hello if you're around. And if you're not, do check out what events are running in your own local library and visit them instead. They're awfully nice people.

No comments: